Sunday, June 26, 2016

I Chose To Enjoy A Couple Beers Last Night

The timing was perfect and I couldn't be more proud of myself.
The timing would not have been good today or tomorrow.
In The 30-Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin) (as well as many other sources), it states that it takes 25 - 30 days to rewire the brain. It's scientifically proven. That's why it was so important to abstain from drinking for that long, which I did, so,

After I posted yesterday I took the time to meditate on the matter. Then I made the clear-headed decision to buy some beer (gluten-free O'mission) yesterday. The timing was perfect because all my responsibilities were taken care of and I was going to be alone and uninterrupted last night. SO, I don't regret not completing 30 days and imbibing on the 29th day.

As a matter of fact, when I arrived at Bev Mo around 5:30 p.m., all the parking spaces in front were taken except for one---right in front of the door---as if a thumbs-up from the universe.


In retrospect though, I was triggered by my FOO and by weird intense symptoms I'm having. I can tell I've outgrown drinking, as a rule. That makes me prouder!