Saturday, June 4, 2016

I Want To Murder Windows 10!

As everyone knows, we are FORCED to upgrade our pc's to Windows 10 sooner or later. Once they start with the upgrade pop-up windows it's only a matter of months before they randomly take over your computer and make the upgrade if you don't schedule it. Some friends were saying it can take up to 3 1/2 hours! Knowing this I chose to upgrade it last night. It took 2 hours on my laptop.

Well, talk about confusion and stress! That's what Windows 10 is!

But here's the kicker!:

IT ALL BUT DESTROYED MY BACKGROUND THEME AND IT WON'T LET ME CHANGE IT!

I had spent a VERY LONG TIME in Windows 8.1 carefully going through ALL my pictures (over a couple hundred of em), to create my background slideshow for my desktop. I have been so happy with it! It was giving me so much joy!

But now?! Windows 10 saved only a handful of those pictures so the same pictures are showing over and over again! ALMOST ALL of my pictures have been REMOVED from the background slideshow!!!

AND THERE'S NO VISIBLE WAY OF FIXING IT!

I went into the Settings to the Theme page and it says to click on the theme to change it..  BUT NOTHING HAPPENS! IT WON'T OPEN! ! ! ! I researched how to fix this and came up empty.

.......A Few Hours Later.....


Oh Joy Oh Bliss! It was EASY to restore my comfort zone Windows 8.1 and now I can relax again! And smile!



The glitch is (there's always a glitch!) Upon booting up, the first thing that appeared was the Windows 10 upgrade window!!! It's, just like before, permanently attached to my computer, threatening to randomly interrupt my work at any time by popping up in my face. I know this means I'm going to have to go through this entire process all over again in the near future. How WRONG! How UNFAIR! How STUPID!

Oh Well! LOL!