Thursday, June 2, 2016

I'm Counting On This Additional Fatigue To Pass When I Reach 30 Days Sober!

I've been cocooning since I quit drinking 19 days ago, and since I had that slip 6 days ago.

The main reason is overwhelming fatigue---more than I'm used to with the ME/CFS (link in right margin). I'm told the added fatigue is normal and will pass. So, my body is reminding me of the main reason I drank: for energy.

I'm also cocooning because I'm in self-created personal at-home rehab; I'm using these first 30 days as if I were in actual rehab. I'm doing the WORK in The 30-Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin).

That's not to say I won't go out the house now and then, but I haven't been grocery shopping for over three weeks; and I thank my 24-year-old for doing all the shopping for us! She always shops weekly for a few things and for her dad (who lives in a nearby apartment), but I do the bulk of the food buying for us three women here at home.

The fatigue is so bone-crushing all you want to do is cuss! And believe me, cuss I do! BUT, I'm also practicing Thanking the fatigue, as a spiritual practice, and Damn if it doesn't help A LOT, even when it feels insane to thank it, even when it feels really, really hard to do to something that is "hurting" you. A helpful video about this is in my The Secret To Loving Yourself... post. : )

I'm Counting On This Additional Fatigue Passing Very Soon!!!
I am completely committed to being a beloved Sobrietist and I'm not going to let the memory of acquiring fake energy (energy in a bottle) stop me! No matter what---I'm going to Go For Sobriety Anyway!